year of call
- 2003, Alberta
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Ottawa, 2002
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta
- Association of Women Lawyers
- South Asian Bar Association (North America)
- Represent large, midsize and private equity backed companies in all legal matters, including securities, financings, asset and corporate acquisitions and dispositions, regulatory matters, employment matters, long term incentive compensation, strategic transactions and cross border issues
- Serve as corporate secretary and provide corporate governance advice to various publicly listed and private companies, limited partnerships and non profit organizations
- Represent GOLO Mobile Inc., publicly traded TSX Venture Exchange company, in various legal and governance matters, including $4 million private placement financing, asset sale and related party transactions.
- Represented private oil and gas company in Canadian legal matters including share exchange transaction, listing of parent company on Nasdaq stock exchange, bond offering and regulatory matters.
- Represented private equity backed private oil and gas company in its acquisition of two companies for aggregate consideration of $49 million by way of share purchase transactions, and concurrent $53 million financing.
- Represented private equity backed private oil and gas company in acquisition of assets for an aggregate consideration of $12 million by way of asset purchase transactions.
- Represented Pediapharm Inc., a publicly traded TSX Venture Exchange company, in its acquisition of two specialty pharmaceutical companies for aggregate consideration of $88 million by way of amalgamation and share purchase transactions, and concurrent $60 million subscription receipt financing.
- Represented Medexus Pharmaceuticals Inc. in various corporate and governance related matters, including name change and share consolidation, debenture settlement transactions and OTC listing.
- Represented private equity backed private oil and gas company in its sale to a private oil and gas company for aggregate consideration of $28 million by way of takeover bid.
- Represented Alberta Oilsands Inc., a publicly traded TSX Venture Exchange company, in its acquisition of Marquee Energy Ltd. for aggregate consideration of $26 million by way of a plan of arrangement, and concurrent successful settlement of shareholder dispute and Alberta Court of Appeal claim.
- Represent two private salon franchises in various legal and governance matters, including corporate sales of franchise locations, winding down and dissolution of corporate entities and leasing matters.
- Represent private construction company in various legal and governance matters, including corporate acquisitions, tax reorganizations and private equity financing of $13 million of convertible debt.
- Represented winery in its sale for aggregate consideration of $30 million by way of an asset sale transaction.
- Chair of Governance Committee and Director, Calgary Public Library Foundation Board of Directors
- Chair of Community Projects and Development Committee, Calgary Stampede
- Chair of Securities Section of the Canadian Bar Association (Alberta) (2014 - 2018)
- Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Women’s Leadership Council of the United Way
- Cum Vino Cantus