year of call
- 2013, Alberta
- Bachelor of Arts (International Relations), University of Calgary, 2009
- Juris Doctor, University of Ottawa, 2012
- Licence en droit (LL.L), University of Ottawa, 2012
- CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course (Levels I-III), 2018
- Law Society of Alberta
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Canadian Tax Foundation (CTF)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association
- Has represented clients in a variety of estate, trust and incapacity matters, in and out of Court, including:
- The roles and duties of executors, trustees, guardians, attorneys and agents;
- The interpretation and validity of wills;
- The removal and replacement of personal representatives and trustees; and
- The interpretation, variation and termination of trusts.
- Has represented individuals and corporations in tax matters before Federal and Provincial tax authorities and before the Court of King's Bench of Alberta, the Alberta Court of Appeal, the Cour du Quebec, and the Tax Court of Canada, in both English and French.
- Has assisted clients in resolving tax disputes from the audit and objections stages to tax appeals, in and out of court.
- Advises clients on issues arising under Personal Directives, Enduring Powers of Attorney and Trusts.
- Director, Association des juristes d’expression francaise de l’Alberta (French-speaking Legal Professionals Association of Alberta)
- Director, World Literacy Foundation
teaching & publications
- Speaker, “Rectification Applications” in Drafting Considerations for Wills & Estate Practitioners, Legal Education Society of Alberta (LESA) Seminar, November 7, 2019 (Edmonton) and November 14, 2019 (Calgary).
- Co-Presenter / Co-Author, “Protecting Privilege”, Canadian Tax Foundation 2018 British Columbia Tax Conference, September 24-25, 2018 (Vancouver).