- Rosemary Mindra
- Krystal Panday
year of call
- 2004, Alberta
- B. A. (Hons.) Political Science and Economics, McGill University, 2000
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Alberta, 2003
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association Wills & Trusts Section
- Canadian Bar Association Civil Litigation Section
- Calgary Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Calgary
- Has represented both individuals and financial institutions in the Court of King's Bench of Alberta in a variety of estate matters involving the roles of executors, guardians and trustees, as well as in matters regarding the interpretation and validity of wills and beneficiary designations, breach of trust allegations, the removal and replacement of executors and creditors' claims against an estate.
- Has argued applications for the re-sealing of foreign grants, the conveyancing of real property, and the completion of distributions to beneficiaries.
- Provides advice to trustees and guardians of represented adults, and has extensive experience litigating matters under the Adult Guardianship and Trusteeship Act, including the renewal of orders and the passing of accounts.
- Advises clients on issues arising under Personal Directives and Enduring Powers of Attorney.
- Has represented insurers in all manner of property and personal injury claims, including liability defences and coverage.
- Board Member, Generations of Hope Fertility Assistance Fund; Chair of Images of Hope Gala, 2014 to present
- Board Member, Children's Legal & Educational Resource Centre, 2007 - 2014
- Volunteer Lawyer Service, 2006 - present
awards, recognition & accomplishments
- Recognized in the 2015 and 2017 editions of The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Estate & Personal Tax Planning).
teaching & publications
- Speaker, “Estate Planning for Spouses: Couples, Common Estate Litigation Issues and The Impacts of Legislative Change,” Federated Press 9th Annual Conference, “Tax Planning for the Wealthy Family,” March 22 & 23, 2011.
- Speaker, “Hot Topics, Current Issues: Implications of the Auto Reform Legislation,” Motor Vehicle Accident Litigation Seminar, The Canadian Institute, January 28 & 29, 2009.
- Author, “An Overview and Update of the SEF 44 Family Protection Endorsement,” Motor Vehicle Accident Litigation Seminar, The Canadian Institute, January 28 & 29, 2009.
- Canadian Bar Association, Presenter at Elder Law & Family Law Section Meetings
- Presenter, LESA Seminar on Estate Litigation Fundamentals, April 5, 2017 (Edmonton), and April 12, 2017 (Calgary)
- Judicial Deference and Discretionary Decisions of the Lower Court: Case comment on Gordon v. Cote, 2023 ABCA 22
- A New Trustee Act for Alberta: Sweeping Reform of Trust Legislation
- An Overview of Options for Your Last Will and Testament in Alberta
- #FreeBritney - The Toxic Circus Surrounding Britney Spears’ Conservatorship
- Medical Malpractice Law in Canada
- Win for Carscallen LLP Wills and Estates Team in Court of King's Bench
- A win in court on a Family Maintenance and Support Claim