Strategic legal advice through challenging times
In a resource-rich province such as Alberta, doing business carries some unique risks along with the rewards. Our broad experience in energy resources, agriculture, manufacturing, real estate, banking and financial services has helped our clients find cost effective, restructuring solutions to the challenges brought on by a troubled global economy.
Our restructuring, bankruptcy and insolvency team is made up of professionals of different disciplines and areas of expertise. From corporate reorganizations through insolvency processes and court proceedings, we are recognized for our ability to find innovative solutions and expertly manage the many complexities facing creditors and debtors alike.
- Loan restructuring, corporate workouts and forbearance arrangements
- Advising on creditors rights, insolvency implications and consequences
- CCAA and BIA proposals, corporate reorganizations and liquidations
- Receiverships and bankruptcies
- Debt collection, enforcement and realization of security
- Foreclosures and asset recovery
- Director’s liability and securities implications
- Structuring and sourcing refinancing solutions and asset dispositions