A personal approach to personnel
Our team of lawyers provide tailored, proactive advice to help successfully navigate every stage of the employment relationship.
Like any business transaction, the employment relationship benefits from laying out clear terms and expectations in advance. Whether you’re an employer or an employee, our lawyers specialize in practical, individualized advice to help you understand your rights, duties and responsibilities.
We have the legal expertise to help minimize problems and disputes before they happen, as well as the ability to resolve conflict quickly and constructively when it arises.
- Employment agreements
- Employment policies and best practices for employers
- Restrictive covenants and non-competition agreements
- Negotiating employee departures, including severance agreements
- Wrongful dismissal and constructive dismissal claims
- Confidentiality agreements
- Injunctions to prevent breaches of continuing obligations or other wrongful conduct
- Fiduciary duties
- Human rights protections and complaints
- Advice on employment statutes and standards in Alberta and across Canada
- Independent contractor agreements
- Dependent contractor agreements
We are here for you – whether you are an employer or employee.*This update is intended for general information only on the subject matter and is not to be taken as legal advice.
Catherine Crang, K.C.