We are looking for an experienced real estate paralegal to join our Real Estate team. The successful candidate will perform all aspects of real estate files from opening to closing.
- Complete residential, developer and builder real estate transactions – draft and manage full process of legal and banking documents in the areas of purchase and sale from opening to closing file.
- Conveyancing real estate files (25-35 files per month).
- Commercial real estate financing experience.
- Conduct title searches with great attention to detail.
- Communicate with clients, and third parties in a courteous manner.
- Manage closing dates and other deadlines.
- Perform other duties as required.
Competencies and Behaviours
The following are competencies and behaviours required to be successful in this position:
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively liaise with clients, real estate agents, and other professionals involved in the transaction process.
- Skilled in prioritizing tasks, anticipating work needs, and navigating occasional periods of pressure.
- Flexibility to adapt working hours during peak periods including month-end, often with tight deadlines.
- High proficiency in MS Office and the ability to learn new software and technology quickly.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and procedures related to real estate transactions in Alberta.
- The ability to work some overtime as required.
Education & Experience
- Legal Assistant Diploma from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 4-8 years experience working in a professional legal environment. Experience as a Legal Real Estate Conveyancer or in a similar role, with a strong understanding of Real Estate law and conveyancing processes.
- Experience with builder work is an asset.