We are looking for an administrative assistant to join our Real Estate team. The successful candidate will provide a broad range of administrative and operational support to a busy legal team.
- General administrative assistance such as maintaining the lawyer’s calendar (i.e., coordinating and scheduling meetings and appointments), managing emails and client records.
- Maintaining an organized documentation and file management system.
- Supporting with lawyer’s accounts, including preparation of bills and letters for billing.
- Communicating with clients regarding accounts receivable and tracking accounts receivable.
- Provide assistance to the Real Estate Paralegal by completing tasks as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
Competencies and Behaviors
- Exceptional customer service mindset and ability to work with a wide variety of tasks in a professional manner.
- A pro-active self-starter.
- Clear and professional oral communication skills.
- Attentive listening, including asking for clarification when needed.
- Clear and informative written communication, including meticulous attention to detail, and ability to appropriately vary writing style. Excellent spelling and grammar.
- Skilled in prioritizing, anticipating work needs, and navigating occasional periods of pressure.
- Respect for client and firm confidentiality, as well as general rules of ethical behaviour applicable to lawyers.
- Working knowledge MS suite of products.
Education and Experience
- Related post secondary certification (office administration, legal assistant, etc.)
- 2+ years working knowledge of a law firm / professional office