Carscallen LLP is a local Calgary, independent law firm practicing in corporate, commercial and litigation areas; small enough to be friendly and big enough to provide challenge and growth. We’re recruiting Legal Assistants to join us.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
With due diligence and a proactive approach, the legal assistant provides a broad range of administrative and operational support to the law practice.
- Preparing a wide range of legal documents and correspondence, client communications.
- General administrative assistance, managing and maintaining client records, document and file management, database set up and management.
- Manage lawyers’ accounts: prepare and manage client billing.
*These duties and responsibilities reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Competencies for Success in this Position
- Client Service orientation – responsive, meets commitments.
- Clear verbal and written communication, attention to detail.
- Organizational ability, working with little supervision under occasional pressure and short deadlines, prioritizes and anticipates work needs.
- Ethics, confidentiality.
- Technical knowledge, skills & abilities – sound knowledge of legal procedures in the related area of practice, billing processes in a legal practice, document management systems.
Education & Experience
Experience and skills are required in one or more areas of practice; including Corporate, Commercial, Real Estate, Litigation, Insurance.
- Legal Assistant diploma from a recognized institution.
- 5+ years experience working in a professional legal environment or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.