year of call
- 2003, Alberta
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Minor in Economics, University of Calgary, 1999
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Calgary, 2002
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association
- Lawyers Association Worldwide
Currently represents various upstream energy service companies including drilling companies, service companies, equipment rental suppliers and equipment suppliers and various general contractors in various litigation matters including:
- Multiple successful representations of clients enforcing security including builders’ liens
- Multiple successful representations of client collecting unsecured debts
- The representation of a contractor in the successful petition of a junior oil and gas company into bankruptcy
- Successfully assisting clients pursuing claims through CCAA, receivership, bankrupcty and insolvency proceedings
- Co-counsel to a major institutional client in Calgary, assisting with various aspects of construction and real property matters including construction and cost sharing agreements, surety bonding, delay claim settlement agreements, easement and encroachment agreements.
- Counsel to various junior oil and gas companies, assisting them with purchase and sale agreements, title work, farm-outs, royalty agreements, informal work-out solutions, a listing on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market.
- Currently represents a large international energy company, primarily in lawsuits to preserve and enforce construction, ownership and operation audit claim rights against appointed operators.
- Assisted in the representation of a large Alberta based energy company in a contractual dispute with its joint operator, an international energy company.
- Represented both an employee and an employer in actions alleging director/officer and employee malfeasance.
- Represented a partner in a proceeding to compel the wind-up and sale of a limited liability partnership of certified general accountants.
- Represented professionals in a professional disciplinary hearing and judicial review applications, including a successful application to have membership in a professional association re-instated following improper expulsion.
- Member of Calgary Elbow PC Association Executive
- Pee Wee soccer coach
- Former member of Toastmasters executive
- Fundraiser, Ride to Conquer Cancer