- Jennifer Slebioda
year of call
- 2008, Alberta
- B.A., University of Alberta, 2003
- LL.B., University of Western Ontario, 2007
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Advise on corporate/commercial matters, including the various forms of business structure (i.e. corporations, partnerships and mutual fund trusts).
- Advise on corporate finance and securities law matters, including brokered and non-brokered private placements for both public and private companies and initial public offerings on the Canadian Securities Exchange, the TSX-V and the TSX
- Advise on matters related to mergers and acquisitions, including Capital Pool Company qualifying transactions, take-over bids, amalgamations and court ordered plans of arrangement.
- Advise with respect to corporate reorganizations and recapitalizations.
- Advise clients involved in all aspects of the cannabis industry in Canada.
- Advise clients with respect to securities regulations and disclosure obligations, including the preparation of public issuer disclosure documents.
- Advise on corporate governance matters.
- Advise with respect to the completion of bank financing and the acquisition and disposition of commercial real estate.
- Advise in connection with the making of trade-mark applications and oppositions.
- Advise in connection with the preparation of wills and estates, the formation of family trusts, and the completion of estate freezes.
- The Alberta Advantage: Business-Friendly Laws Introduced in Alberta
- Criminal Interest Rates in Canada and COVID-19
- Force Majeure: Non-performance of contracts due to COVID-19
- The hemp hype in Canada
- Health Canada launches consultation on "cannabis health products"
- New Health Canada rules released on cannabis edibles, extracts and topicals