Expert legal advice so you can focus on your mission
With increased oversight and accountability, strict regulation and strong public scrutiny, charities and not-for-profit groups often face a more legal challenges than other organizations.
Our lawyers understand this challenging environment and have the expertise to help overcome industry-specific challenges. From structuring, organization and governance, to advising on regulations and compliance issues, our lawyers can help guide your organization through a complex legal landscape. And with our industry knowledge and experience backing you, you can focus on fulfilling your mandate.
- Incorporation, organization and registration of charities
- Risk and liability management
- Canada Revenue Agency compliance
- Government regulations
- Directors’ and trustees’ duties and liabilities
- Mergers, continuations, reorganizations and wind-ups
- Fundraising issues and charitable gaming
- Planned giving
- Charitable bequests
We have industry specific expertise to help you focus on fulfilling your mandate.*This update is intended for general information only on the subject matter and is not to be taken as legal advice.