We are offering the opportunity to join our dynamic Corporate Group, which was recognized in the Globe and Mail’s “Best Law Firms in Canada” listing in 2022.
Given our growing client demands, we are looking for a Mid-Level Corporate Associate to join our team of experts. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with an energetic team and hone your skills in a broad range of corporate and commercial transactions, securities and corporate matters, including mergers, acquisitions and dispositions; corporate and partnership structuring; commercial contract drafting; private debt and equity financings; joint ventures; share purchases and dispositions; plans of arrangement; and other forms of business combination and corporate activity. Our client-base ranges from entrepreneurs to sophisticated legal entities, and we work with start-ups, owner-managed businesses, family offices, growth companies and public companies.
We offer dedicated mentorship at both the Partner and Associate levels, as well as a team comprised of Junior Associates and Articling Students to support your practice. The Carscallen LLP platform provides a great opportunity to continue to build your career in an environment that encourages long-term career growth and success.
The successful candidate will have the following
- 3 to 6 years of experience working in private practice in Canada on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters;
- A law degree and membership in good standing with the Law Society of Alberta;
- A desire to do excellent work and be part of a team;
- Strong educational experience;
- A breadth and depth of technical legal knowledge, excellent business judgment, and strong analytical and drafting skills;
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills, strong initiative, and the ability to work well on a variety of teams; and
- Strong organizational, project management and leadership skills, and the ability to handle multiple time sensitive priorities.
We are offering the following
- Competitive compensation, including a financially rewarding bonus program;
- Health benefits; and
- Reasonable billable hours target.